Blog Sweeps Week

The South Bay/Silicon Valley bloggers had decided that we should have a sweeps week. We are having Sweeps week Monday, January 30th to Sunday, February 5th. The idea is to get as many people to read your blog as possible. We are going to be just like television executives and do stupid things. Okay it might now be all that stupid, but some of it will be foolish.

I know it is kind of dumb to have sweeps week for the internet. The wonderful about the internet is that you can get real time stats about readership. Advertisers know right away if people are clicking through. There is no reasson to pull out all the stops for a short period of time. With the internet you have to be at your best all the time.

We are still doing it. I would like to invite everyone with a blog to take part in Blog Sweeps week. It will be cool if we can get as many people to take part as possible. My dream would be for this to become an internet wide thing. I can only dream.

Is the weeks leading up to Blog Sweeps Week I will announce some of the things that I plan on doing. I want to build up the hype so people really look forward to that week. I plan on pulling some tricks out of my hat for blogger sweeps week. I am not sure any of them will get me more readers, but I think they will be fun to write and read.

This is your chance to tell me what you want to see. What should I include as part of Blog Sweeps Week? What do you want to see me write about? What kind of things do you think would be cool on Sad Salvation? Let me know what you, the Sad Salvation readers, think.

Comments

Popular Posts