Battlestar Drama

I just got done watching the Premiere of the 3rd season of Battlestar Galactica. I was just floored at how good it was. It was the second half of a cliffhanger from the end of last season. The show was not full of action, but it was amazingly written. By the end of the show my jaw was just hanging open. I could not believe the kind of risks this show is willing to take.

I think that Battlestar Galactica is the best written show on television. It is the best written science fiction show in at least 20 years. I think the writers understand how to use conflict. It is not just the Cylons that provide conflict. There is conflict just trying to survive. Many times we are own worst enemies.

I wonder if there are science fiction fans that do not like this show. I wonder if you have a different idea of what science fiction should be. I wonder if they want this show to be more like Star Trek or Star Gate. I watch the new Battlestar Galactica and it seems much more adult then those shows. I think that a lot of science fiction shows get too caught up in the mythology that the show creates. I think that became the downfall of Star Trek. I wonder if I am the only person who thinks this.

I think that anyone who likes drama on television should watch Battlestar Galactica. I do not think it matters if you like Sci-Fi or not. This show is worth your time. I think this show is just great drama. It is worth anyone's time. Of course this is coming from someone a couple TiVo DVRs.

Comments

Popular Posts