Sleeper Cell

If you like Television and subscribe to Showtime, you should be watching Sleeper Cell. If you do not get Showtime, watch it when it comes out on DVD. This is one of the best TV shows I have seen in years. There is nothing on Network TV that is this good. The last show I liked this much was The Wire. The last network TV show is good was Homicide: Life on the Street.

The show is great because of the writing and the acting. This is not just some hack attempt to write about terrorism. It is not Dick Wolf pulling something out of the headlines for shock value. This is not just someone telling us how we are attacked because the attackers hate freedom. They characters have understandible reasons for their actions. They have real feeling and emotions.

This is the kind of stories that I want to see on television. I like that there is a place on TV for a show like Sleeper Cell. It is only ten episodes, but that if fine by me. It does not have to be able to go on season after season. Sleeper show is doing the limited series in the right way. I do not think there is any other way to tell this story.

My friend Jimmy said that they should not make a movie out of Watchmen. HBO or Showtime should make a Television show out of it. He thinks that is the only way the story could really be told. Seeing shows like Sleeper Cell I think that Jimmy might be correct.

Comments

Popular Posts