Mixtape: A Novel

My National Novel Writing Month novel was about a mix tape this year. The idea was that the main character Ralph got an old mixtape that he had made 11 years earlier in the mail. He spent the novel trying to figure out who sent the tape to him.

Below is the mix that I made to be the tape. I have mixed feelings about this mix. I liked the tape when I listed to it, but it seemed a little too obvious. I am not sure if I am over thinking it or not. Tell me what you think.

Side 1 – …And if he isn’t, I certainly am.
Smiths – Big Mouth Strikes Again
American Music Club – Sick of Food
Soul Asylum – Without a Trace
Husker Du – She Floated Away
10,000 Maniacs – Please Forgive Me
Pixies – Letter to Memphis
The Breeders – Do You Love Me Now?
Pet Shop Boys – Can You Forgive Her?
Paleface – Constant Misunderstanding
Sundays – Here’s Where The Story Ends
Judybats – Ugly On The Outside
Suzanne Vega – In Liverpool
Sonic Youth – Providence

Side 2 – I used to ring you and put down the phone

Sugar – Hoover Dam
R.E.M. – Don’t Go Back To Rockville
Brenda Kahn – Eulogy For My Next Lover
Clash – Lost In The Supermarket
Belly – Full Moon, Empty Heart
Lemonheads – Bit Part
The Ocean Blue – Drifting, Falling
Toad The Wet Sprocket – Butterflies
Crowded House – Four Seasons In One Day
k.d. lang – The Mind of Love
Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians – She Doesn’t Exist
Morrissey - Tomorrow

Comments

Popular Posts