Favorite Bands

Writing about Bruce Springsteen and Born to Run got me thinking about my favorite bands. At one time it was important for me to have a favorite band. I guess I was at the stage where music helped inform my identity. At that stage your favorite band impacts who you are. I could remember the list, but I could not remember just when I switched from one band to another.

Chronological List of Favorite Musical Acts From Age 10 to 27

AC/DC
Who
Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
REM
Replacements
Smiths & Morrissey
American Music Club
Pavement

I left that stage at 27 years old. It was not that music was less important to me. I just started to think of it in a different way. I because more attached to albums and less attached to artists. There are still artist that are very important to me. It is hard for me to say that one is my favorite over others.

My Favorite Acts Since being 27

Diane Cluck
Wilco
Ben Folds & Ben Folds Five
Decemberists
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Mountain Goats
Death Cab for Cutie

Comments

Popular Posts