Travel-blogue Day 8

Musical Quote for National Novel Writing Month

“This is unlike the story it was written to be”

Joanne Newsom Peach, Plum, Pear



Nano Update

My novel is turning into something odd. I am not sure I have written anything good enough to read at the Thanks God Its Over party yet. I have one part that I really like. I am enjoying the experience of writing, but I am not enjoying what I am writing. This is still better then last year when did not enjoy either the experience of writing or what I was writing. I think what I am writing right now is just as boring as what I wrote last year, but it is more fun. I am not sure this would make sense to anyone but me.

Ijust hope I can finish by the end of the month. I am still not sure I will be able to do that. I am not at 40,000 words yet. That means a lot of writing over the last few days. I need to finish the novel before I leave my parents’ house. It looks like it will be a fight to the finish.

Travel Notes

-I wonder how much e-mail will be waiting for me at work when I get back.
-Some days I feel that I write the most when I have the least to say.

My Writing Is...

All of my stories seem to be about women and men. I think there is something fragile in relationships. The interesting idea is how people to not treat the relationships like they are fragile. What happens to these people when something breaks after that? That is where the story is.

The Wind

We had a rainstorm today. Rainstorms are different here then back in San Jose. The rain was cold and it was windy. The wind was blowing the leave so the leaves looked like rats moving in the streets. It was the most amazing thing. The leaves were being moved by the wind, but they were staying close to the ground. It was like they knew they were being chased by the cars. I have never seen anything like it before.

Comments

Popular Posts