Travel-blogue Day 7

This Old House

My Aunt visited my parents’ house back in 1970. My parents have been living in this house since 1963, long before I was born. My parents have redecorated this house a couple of times when I was alive. My aunt asked about the way the house was decorated before I was born. There are some things that have never changed for as long as I could remember, like the piano being in the living room. I found out today when my parents first moved into this house the piano was in the family room. For some reason this was odd for me to find out. My logical mind should be able to accept this. I am having a hard time with it for some reason.

Travel Notes

- The Starbucks in Doylestown has a fake fireplace in it.

NaNoWriMo notes from Philadelphia

I have been working on my National Novel Writing Novel while spending half the month visiting my parents. I wanted to have 40,000 words done before I got back to the Philadelphia area. Instead I had 26,000 down when I got here. I did not build up any lead at all before getting to my parents’ house.

I have found that it is not hard to find the time to write. Since I am here for so long it is easy to take time with my computer. At the very least I can stay up later then everyone else. That is the advantage of having older parents.

I am finding the hard thing is to get in the correct mindset to write. I am having the worst time focusing on writing. There are so many things going on in my head. I am thinking about all the people I am seeing here. I am thinking about whom I am going to see and whom I am not going to see. I am thinking about all sorts of things, but not my novel.

This has been harder without going to any write-ins here. I have not been able to hook up with any nanos in the area. I think I would have a hard time with the hours I am keeping. I am not sure if I would have this problem if I was kicking it with the South Bay nanos. I have a lot of ideas for my novel; the problem is just cranking them out. I am trying my best, but I am not sure I will be able to get it done.

Every year writing my novel is different. The ways the years differ interest me. I guess my life is never quite the same from year to year. I am learning something different about writing this year. I am not sure I will be able to apply these lessons after November is over. I know that I am having fun with it now.

Vacation Paradox

There are not many good cafes around my parents’ house. I have to drive 20 minutes through traffic to find a place that has free wifi. Even though I am at coffee houses less often, I drink a lot more coffee. I drink a lot of coffee at my parents’ house. I also drink more post meal coffee.

I like coffee, but I like cafes more then coffee. I drink coffee because other people drink coffee. If no one around me is drinking coffee, I drink water most of the time. I am not sure what this says about me.

Comments

Popular Posts