Rumble in Heaven

I heard that Link Wray passed away. The person on the radio say that he was looking for something Jazz Guitarist and Country pickers were doing at the time. This is where the power cord came from.

This got me thinking about the idea of Primal Rock. I once heard Buck O’Neill talk about the sound of a well hit baseball. It is a sound that makes you know something special just happened. I think the same thing is true with Primal Rock. It is a song, no matter how many times you hear it, the song gives you the feeling there is something special about Rock N’ Roll. Here are the songs that I came up with off the top of my head. I need some more suggestions.

Primal Rock

Link Wray – Rumble
Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats – Rocket 88
Elvis Presley – That’s All Right Mama
Beatles – Please Please Me
Beach Boys – Surfin’ USA
Surfin’ Bird – The Trashmen
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

Comments

Popular Posts