New Orleans Flood in Your City

I was watching MSNBC and saw a site that had maps looking at
the New Orleans flood compaired to other cities. The map of San Francisco is a little strange.



This is hard to look conceptualize because so much of this picture is already covered by water. I think the map would be better if the top of the pink was at the tip of the city. I wonder what all that would be like if part of San Francisco was flooded. It would be odd with all those hills.

It is the map of Philadelphia that really drives the idea home for me. I have a better mental map of Philadelphia. It is really clear to me. I just cannot imagine that much of Philadelphia underwater. I cannot even think about what that would do to the city.





The maps are from Condobuzz.com

Comments

Popular Posts