Her Majesty the Decemberists


Her Majesty the Decemberists
Originally uploaded by ldandersen.

On Sunday night I went to see the Decemberists at the Fillmore. It was a great show. I do not go to concerts very often. I am very picky when it comes to my time and my money. I saw a lot of free concerts in college and I never recovered from that. It makes it very hard for me to spend my money for a concert. On top of all of that, the Decemberist are really worth the money.

This is the second time I have seen them play live. I am still surpised how well they play live. They band really brings it live. They have great energy and power on stage. They are a great perfroming band. It is something different then what they record. I think that is why it is special.

The concert was extra special because it was the first concert I attended with Dreamgirl. She was totally geeking out at the show. The Decemberists are one of her favorite bands. It was great to be able to see the show with her. There are some Decemberists songs that we have been listening to a lot. Hearing those songs in concert made it extra special.

I want to say that I am 0 for 2 on hearing my song favorite Decemberist song live, California One Youth And Beauty Brigade. I know that this is not the favorite song of many Decemberist fans. I still want to hear this live.


Here is the Set List from the show
Sunday September 11, 2005 San Francisco, The Fillmore

Shanty For The Arethusa,
Sixteen Military Wives,
Billy Liar,
The Sporting Life,
Shiny,
Angel Won't You Call Me?,
The Gymnast High Above The Ground,
The Engine Driver,
Eli the Barrow Boy,
Red Right Ankle,
Grace Cathedral Hill,
Odalisque,
Song for Myla Goldberg,
The Bachelor and the Bride,
We Both Go Down Together,
The Legionnaire's Lament,
A Cautionary Song
Encore: The Chimbley Sweep

Comments

Popular Posts