23 and 33

I have been thinking about my past lately. I was thinking about the time when I just got out of college and move back home. I made a lot of bad choices between the ages of 23 and 25. The way I was living my life back then was just stupid. I was caught in a trap. I seemed to only do things that moved me deeper into that trap.

When I look back at that time, I have a hard time thinking of that person as me. It almost makes no sense to me. I know it is hard for people to find their way in this world. I am not unhappy at how long it took me.

I know that going through those things made me the person I am today. I know that there were some mistakes that I had to make to learn from. I wonder if everyone looks back on their life and feels this way. When I told a friend about this she told them that in another 10 years I will look back at being 33 and think the same thing.

Comments

Popular Posts