Mr. Crowley, you will be missed

On Saturday, July 9, 2005, Eugene M. Crowley Jr. passed away. He was the father of my life long friend Dave. Dave and I were in boy scouts together. We were close friends all the way through high school and college.

You do not get to be friends with someone at that age without knowing there parents. I always like Mr. Crowley. He was always nice to me and always made me feel welcome in his house. He liked me even when I was dumb, clumsy and awkward. There is a famous story about me breaking a sink when I was 14 years old.

Mr. Crowley always knew how to tell a joke. He loved to tell stories that would make everyone laugh. I know that more then a few of those stories used to be about me. Maybe this is why he liked me, he knew that he would always have good stories later.

I feel that Mr. Crowley had a small part in making me the man I am today. I learned things about family, friends, and how to treat people. I carry these things with me today. I am a sad that I never got to tell him that.

Comments

Popular Posts