Pride in San Jose

I used to live at 6th and Santa Clara street in San Jose. That is right on the main strip of downtown San Jose. There are some weekends where Santa Clara is noises all weekend long from people cruising up and down the block. On those weekends it was not worth trying to get to sleep before 2 AM.

I was having lunch with two co-workers, explaining the noisy weekends. One of my co-workers was surprised that San Jose Gay Pride weekend was on this list. He thought that it would be a non-event because everyone would go to San Francisco instead. My other co-worker explained that the events in San Jose and San Francisco are very different from each other. I think this story from the Mercury News confirms my co-worker's theory about San Jose Gay Pride weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts