Hey Tom, How about a footnote?

I love my TiVo DVRs. Without them I would never get to see the Tom Cruise interview on the today show. You can also view the interview on the page.

This interview is almost impossibe to describe. I feel like I understand Tom Cruise a little better now. I do not want to say anything bad about Tom or what he believes. I will say that I have much more respect for Matt Lauer. This is from the interview:

Cruise: But what happens, the antidepressants, all it does is mask the problem. There's ways, [with] vitamins and through exercise and various things... I'm not saying that that isn't real. That's not what I'm saying. That's an alteration of what I'm saying. I'm saying that drugs aren't the answer, these drugs are very dangerous. They're mind-altering, antipsychotic drugs. And there are ways of doing it without that so that we don't end up in a brave new world. The thing that I'm saying about Brooke is that there's misinformation, okay. And she doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt.


If I was Matt Lauer I would tell tome not to persume what I know. I have some respect for Matt Lauer that he tried to stay engaged with Tom Cruise in the whole interview. It would have been easy to just snap at some point.

I will concede that Tom Cruise might know a lot about mental health. He might have read the research on antidepressants. All I am asking for is a footnote from Time Cruise. I want to know what he has read so I can see if I can agree. I doubt I will ever get that footnote.

Comments

Popular Posts