Music and Location

My iPod is filled with music that either I have discovered since I moved west or has been released since I moved west. I am not saying this is anything new in my life. My musical tastes are always changing. I am always looking for new music to listen to. There is nothing better then finding a new band that you end up loving.

While sitting in a restaurant today I wondered how my music taste would be different if I had not moved to San Jose. I know exposure has something to do with it. I know that friends have impact on what I listen to. Eric has introduced me to a lot of music. Just knowing what Courtney, Andrew, Elke, Peter, and Fling are listening to change what I listen to. I just wonder how much that would change if I did not have them around me. How much comes from inside and how much comes from outside? Who would fill those roles if I was not in San Jose? I guess there is no way to really know.

Comments

Popular Posts