Driving around Warminster

I never thought that I grew up in a rural area. There were farms around here, but I did not really notice them. They were not the huge farms with large farm equipment. These were small farms that grew corn and tomatoes or had dairy cows.

I remember the farms now. I remember them because they are all filled in with houses. There are so many new housing developments. It seems that every bit of open fields have houses in them now. It seems that it has changed a lot since I grew up.

I know if I grew up in San Jose and went back there I would see the same thing. This makes me a little sad. House prices are so high there is no way for farmers to compete. How can you tell them to not sell their farms? It is their change to cash out. I am just sad because it changes the character of the area. It looses something special.

Comments

Popular Posts