Thoughts on the iPod Shuffle

Over the last few days I have been thinking about the iPod Shuffle. I have been reading other people's reactions to it. I have read a lot of negative reactions to it, but from fans and from other MP3 makers. People's instant reaction is to not like it.

I have not seen it myself, but there are lots of good pictures of the iPod Shuffle on the web. I think I have a good idea about the design. I think that Apple has taken some bold steps with this product. In the end I think it is going to pay off for them. I think the nay-sayers will be proven wrong.

Lots of people do not like the fact that it has no display. There have been other products with no display before. Most of these products do not sell well. I think the iPod shuffle is so small that a display would not be usable. I think that size and battery life are the two most important things the iPod Shuffle. A display with ruin both of those.

I also hear people decry the fact that it does not have very many features. It is good that it does not have very many features. Most users want devices that do one job well. It is does a second job, that is fine. There are too many devices that have 100 features. I do not need my iPod to tell me what the weather is going to be like. I have other things for that. I think that simple is better in this case.

What I love about my iPod mini is using iTunes to manage it. I think this is the real key to why people love iPods. I have used lots of MP3 players. None of them has tools that are as good as iTunes. I think this will be the key to people using iPod shuffle. I think people will be hooked on how easy it will be to update and use.

There is one other thing to remember. Apple has been very good at updating the normal iPod. I have no doubt that they will be able to adjust the iPod Shuffle to fix little usability issues.

Comments

Popular Posts