The Phone Call

I was sitting at home Saturday morning. The phone rang, which is unusual because no one ever calls me. I pick it up so I will not be accused of screening. I hate when people leave the answering maching message saying "If you're there pick up." On the other side of the line there is a woman with a thick Russian Accent. Here is the conversation.

Woman: May I speak to Rich Thomas
Me: Speaking
Woman: You post on the internet you want be married
Me: Excuse Me
Woman: You post on the internet you want be married
Me: Well....maybe
Woman: So you want be married
Me: I wanted to be married to someone I fall in love with. I am not sure I want to just married some stranger off the street.
Woman: So you don't want be married
Me: It is not that simple.
Woman: So you want be married
Me: Who are you calling for?
Woman: You post on the internet you want be married.

At this point I just thanked the woman and hung up. I wanted to know how she got my phone number and what service she was trying to sell me, but it was getting too hard at this point.

At some level all of my conversations with women feel this way. There are lots going on in the conversations, but in the end I am not sure what was really said.


Comments

Popular Posts