Women, Me, 2004

I have been thinking about women lately. I will admit that one of the outcomes I was looking for out of NaNoWriMo was a date. I was hoping it would be a way for me to meet single women. I did not have great ambitions, I just wanted to find someone to go on a date with.

I did meet some women, but no one to ask on a date. It was not like the women are not worth dating. Some of the women are very nice. I would like to get to know them better. I tried to talk to people at the write-ins, but there is a limit to that. Not everyone is there to look for a date. If I come on too strong I feel I would be outside the bounds of NaNoWriMo.

One of the problems was that I did not feel any instant chemistry between me and any of these women. They were very nice women, but it was not like I met someone and thought she was the woman for me. I felt that If I pushed it too much, I would be reaching. It just did not feel right.

This really describes my relationship with women in the year 2004. I know a decent number of single women. In fact, more single women then I have known at any point in my time in Silicon Valley. The problem is that I do not know any of these women well. I do not know them well enough to be really be interested in them. Sure they are attractive, but I have never had success going after women. I figure if I am not drawn to any of them I am better off not pursuing them.

I know in the end this attitude will not be helpful, but I really want women to come to me. I feel that I have tried to come to them enough. I am tried of putting myself out there. If the world will come to me fine, if it will not come to me I am fine with that too. I know that I should be working on myself and not worring about women at all.

Comments

Popular Posts