Endings and Beginnings

I really believe in endings and beginnings. I know there is a school of thought that says that the end of one year is no different then the beginning of the next. These are just days like any other day. These are the same people who tell me there is no use making New Years Resolution. If you are going to change your life, do not wait for a specific day to make that change.

I like the combination of Christmas and New Years as an end of the year festival. I think it is important to mark things in our lives. It is good to look back at the year and see where it has taking us. I like the chance to see the world as we are living in it. I think it is important to look around every once in a while. This is the perfect time of year to do this.

What were the highlights of the year 2004 in your life? What did you do that you did not expect? What did you get done and what fell off your radar? What do you want to accomplish in the future? What should you let go of because it is not important? These are the kind of questions that seem to be easier to ask because it is the end of the year.

On Christmas Eve I felt the important parts of these beginnings and ends. I was hanging out with friends and I could think about the road ahead of me. I am not sure yet what my goals for 2005 will be. I have not gone back and figured out how I did on the goals I set at the start of 2004. Even if I did not achive any of my goals it is still important to look at these things. It is important to see how these things change over time.

Comments

Popular Posts