Red vs. Blue Dollar Bills

I think one of the real themes of this election was elitism v. Middle American values. I think one of the things John Kerry really had going against him is that he came off as an intellectual. It is the same way that Al Gore came off as an intellectual. I have been talking with my friends about when intellectual and elite become dirty words in America. I think they are bad words because most of Middle America thinks the elite are looking down on them.

Here is a list of the Red and blue states average income. I will warn you this might not be 100% true. If this data is true this might speak the idea of the elite.

I want to point out to people that the intellectual elite and wealthy Americans are not always the same thing. College professors do not make much money, but many of them are elitists. I think it is hard for lots of my friends to see what this is all about. It has more to do with the idea of fly over states. I think there is something here that the Democrates have to look at or they will not win The White House, the Senate or the House anytime soon.

I picked this up from The Last Minute

Comments

Popular Posts