Flying on September 11th

I took a flight from San Jose to San Diego today. It was not what I was expecting. I thought people would notice the date. I thought there would be some sign at the airport that this is a special date.

No one said anything about it. There was on extra security at the airport. There seemed to me no mention of it at all. You could not tell it was an anniversary at all. Outwardly no one was worried that it might happen again this year.

I wonder if this is one of the ways people cope. We can still fly because we are not talking about the chance someone will do something like September 11th again. We know the chance is there. No one complained about going through tougher security. No one wanted to talk about why everything has changed. I know that sometimes things are remembered by being forgotten.

Comments

Popular Posts