Back in San Diego

By my count, this is the 7th time I have been to San Diego. The first time was back in 1997 when I was trying to figure out where I wanted to live. I said in the past that my option of San Diego changes every time I come down here. I am not sure that is still true, but I think I see a little more of San Diego each time I come down here.

Now that I have been in California for five years, I can see that San Diego is a different California then the San Francisco Bay Area. It is hard to describe what is so different about it. I think any of my friends from either place would agree with me. There seems to be more beach and outdoor culture in San Diego. San Jose does not seem as obsessed with looks and weather.

I think it would be interesting to live down here, but I am not sure I would like it more then San Jose. I feel that I understand what San Jose is about. I am not sure I am ready to find out what San Diego is really about. I would have to get an offer I could not refuse to move down here. I know that has not been the case in the past. I guess that shows I am still growing.

Comments

Popular Posts