Where did this all start?

Recently I borrowed a copy of Life after God from a friend. I told him that this book is what inspired me to keep a journal back in college. There is a selection that was the forward to my pre-weblog journal.

And if we were to collect these small moments in a notebook and save them over a period of months we would see certain trends emerge from our collection--certain voices would emerge that have been trying to speak though us. We would realize that we have been having another life altogether, one we didn’t ever know was going on inside us. And maybe this other life is more important than the one we think of as being real--this clunky day-to-day world of furniture and noise and metal. So just maybe it is these small silent moments which are the true story-making events of our lives.

Reading this now, I am so fare away from this idea. I no longer write about the small ideas of my life. I am not sure I could get back to that idea in a public place. Maybe I need to start keeping a private journal again.

Popular Posts