Trailer Park Hamlet

I like the idea of remaking Hamlet in a trailer park. I don't want Hamlet to be a prince or his father to be a king. I just want them to be regular guys. I do not want there to be a kingdom at stake when his father is killed, just Gertrude.

I know Shakespeare lived up to the old Greek tradition that the leads in his plays had to be noble men. That was the only way anything was really at stake. It did not matter if these things where happening to everyday men.

Now I think it is different. I think the story about what happens to the everyman is more important then the story of what happens to powerful people. I think there must be lot of people out there that feel like Hamlet. They feel melancholy and indecisive. In this age it effects the common man more then ever.

Comments

Popular Posts