On-Line v. Face to Face

My friend Kris has been in town for the past few days. I have been hanging out with her. I had only met Kris face to face once before this week. We have mostly been on-line friends. Most of our interactions have been over AIM. I have felt close to her eventhough this has been the bulk of our relationship.

I am amazed at two things. The first is how much of her real personality comes through via AIM. I know that she is someone with lots of on-line friends. I wonder if people like that are better at getting their personality across. I meet some people on line and they are a whole different person face to face.

The second thing that amazes me is all the little things you can only learn by hanging out with a person. There are little things about Kris' personality that I really like. I did not know those little things until I saw her again. I have no clue when I am going to see her again, but I hope I do not wait as long this time.

Comments

Popular Posts