Car Show

I went to the San Jose international Auto Show on Friday night. I went to check out all new models. As always, I only sat in the cars that I would think about buying. I was not as excited as last year. I guess that I am not looking forward to the idea of buying a new car. I want to own a new car for the first time in my life, but it seems like my money will not go far.

At the car show, I noticed a couple of things. Most the car companies make the same cars. There are very few cars that have the feel of a specific car company. If you took the markings off the cars, you could not figure out what cars came from what companies. Other then VW and Subaru, all the companies look like they are making the same thing. This disappoints me because I remember loving cars. I remember when a GM would be different then a Ford.

I am disappointed at what has happened to Lincoln and Cadillac. They are both mostly truck lines currently. There were more Lincoln trucks then cars at the show. It is not that people are not building luxury cars, it just that they are buying from overseas. Cadillac should be kicking Lexus' ass, but it is not. It is a real shame.

I know that I will be buying a car in the next 12 months or so. I am not excited about that prospect. I should be excited about getting to buy a new car, but it feels more like work then anything else. I do not like the cars in my price range. I am not sure they will make me happy for the amount of money I will have to spend on it. My unhappiness at buying a new car impacted what I thought of the car show.

Comments

Popular Posts