Travel Notes: Last Thoughts on Prague
Written 9/28/03

There are lots of things that I did not get the chance to do in Prague. I know that I want to come back here again. Part of me want to look into living here, but I know there is little to no chance of that happening. It is easy to see why people fall in love with this city.

I have no idea when I will get the chance to come back here. I am happy that I came before they start using the Euro as currency. There was something cool about using the Kuron. I wonder if prices would go up after they chance.

I look forward to the next time I will be in this city. I am not sure when that will be. I have not idea what my life or the world will be like when I come back. It is just a question of when that will be.

There is a map or Prague in my head

I have never been to Prague before and I had not idea how the town was laid out. I had seen maps, but I could not translate the maps into what I needed to know. I am not sure where I was going to stay and where I would be traveling.

After three days, I have a pretty good map of Prague in my head. In the taxi to the train station I knew where we should be going. I think I would have no problem getting around this town.

I wondered how this map will survive over time. If I come back, will I still have an idea what direction I should be going? Will I be able to remember how the streets are laid out?

Writing in Prague

On my last day in Prague I was sitting in a cafe typing. This woman said to me that I looked really happy. I had felt great sitting in that cafe posting to Sad Salvation and writing. It was like I was connecting with something that was deep inside of me. I was on a good run also.

It was really good to hear this from someone else. I am happy that I was showing on the outside what I was feeling, but had not put a name too. I felt the most myself at that moment.

I talked to this woman for a little while. She was from British Columbia. She said that not too many people in Prague start up conversations with strangers. She told me that it was just not me. I should not be worried I am losing my touch.

So what really makes me happy, writing. I need to go out and do things so I have things to write about. That is getting to be the hard part. I have to push myself to get out and find things to write about.

Comments

Popular Posts