Travel Notes: Prague

-Jaromir Jagr's Sports bar has a sports book in it. You would never see that in the USA.
-I have no idea how I am spending my money so far. It is really hard to figure out. Foreign money always does that to me.
-Things never play out the way I see them in my head.
-I have ridden all three subway lines in Prague. I have also ridden the tram here. This means I have ridden the subway in seven cities and three countries. I have ridden mass transit in nine cities.
-The number one album in the record stores in Prague I stopped in was either the new Chemical Brothers or the new David Bowie.
-Went to the Museum of the City or Prague. It is a history mostly in Czech so I did not understand that much. There is a really cool 1:420 scale model of Prague. It is supposed to be Prague in the 1820-1830. I can just imagine what it means for someone to spend ten years of their life working on a model.
-Took a boat cruise down the river. This is something my father would do. They served week old cake for some reason.
-I have seen more openly Muslim women then openly lesbian women. I guess stats would support that.
-Found a place with free wi-fi. That makes it easy to post to the blog.
-I was really tired Thursday morning. I was not in the mood to sight-see or be a tourist. I had to do it because I am too worried about jet lag killing me. I am happy I got on with my day.
-I just realized that the State Department owns my passport. I am just holding the pass port for them.
-Hair Band = Heavy Pop. Some of this music is still popular here.
-I have a lot of Vacation to go, I hope I can keep up this pace.
-Travel books are not that good for restaurants and pubs. Half the places I try to go are closed or not that good.
-There are no lions in Europe, why did all of that medieval knights use as there symbol? Why did they not chose an animal that lived in Europe? By the way, the highest honor in the Czech Republic is the order of the White Lion? (no 80's hair band jokes)
-It is hard to understand someone who speaks English as a second language when I am starting to get drunk.
-Bought a bootleg R.E.M.
-Used a crossbow for the first time.
-I wonder if I could find a job here.
-Traveling alone give me freedom and flexibility.
-My Prague Museum list, Museum of the City of Prague, The Museum of Communism, and the Franz Kakfa Museum.
-I think the Porter in my hotel thinks I am a pain in the ass.
-I blew the fuse in my hotel room with my iBook. I have to charge it in the bathroom now.
-There are very few American cars on the roads of Prague. A lot of the cars here are very small. I guess many of them would not meet American crash standards. I think this is a shame. I would like to see smaller cars in America
-While I am in my hotel room I wonder what happened to all the communist listening devices. I wonder if they were ripped out of the walls or if someone else controls them now.
-What makes a city beautiful?
-Few of the cars on the streets are more then a few years old
-I think I should start a photo scavenger hunt site when I get back to San Jose. Taking Pictures in Prague have given me a lot of ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts