Not so hot-spots

As a consumer there are only two business models that work for me in terms of public WiFi hot-spot service.

The first is free. I go to a coffee shop all the time that offers free WiFi. It gets me to go to that coffee shop more often. I am more willing to pay for fancy coffee if the internet access if free. I go there when I need to get away from my apartment to focus. If I had to pay for the internet access, I would either not go or leave my computer behind.

The second business model is to make it an benefit from my DSL provider. SBC is already my DSL provider. If they offer free WiFi hot spots to me, I am less likely to change to a different provider.

Either way public internet service is not worth paying for when I am already paying for DSL at my apartment.

Comments

Popular Posts