Interview Game Meme - Answers

Here are the answers to the questions for Elkit's Interview

1. Do you "pre-blog" in your head during the day, and write it down as you're online, or do you sit down at your computer, and blog what comes to your mind then? Or do you employ yet another method?

I have to say I do all these things and more. Recently I like to use Blog This while I am at work. That lets me find a link and save it as a draft. Later I turn it into comments. If I see something in the paper or hear it on the radio, I will try to find a link that connects to that idea.

Sometimes there is an idea that is just bumping around in my head. I will usually draft the idea in Blogger. It usually takes me a few days to work out the idea. When I am done I will publish it. This is usually the case when I know I have something to write, but I need to work it out. The open letter to Gray Davis is an example of this. I thought about this for about three days then it took me about three days to actually write it.

I also have stuff in my draft pile for long term. There is list of things that I have only bits and pieces of ideas. I usually work on them when I cannot think of anything else to write. Those are the things I wish I had more complete ideas to work with.

2. If you ran for governor in the recall race, what would your "platform" be?

The funny thing is that no one in his or her right mind would want to be governor of California right now. Unemployment and the Budget are really big problems. I am not sure that either one can be really fixed until nation improves.

I think that I would have a reform platform. Nothing is going to change unless we change the culture of the state government. No one trusts government to care about his or her interests. Everyone thinks that the politicians are in someone's pockets or looking out for their interest. Democrats and republicans are really at each other's throats. People hate politics and politician s just make it worse.

I would start with trying to reform the tax structure. A bit part of the problem is the current tax structure. It is too dependent on income taxes. I would try to get Prop 13 reformed. The state needs to be able to reassess property taxes. I know this would not be popular, but it if we do not do it we will be in the same mess in the future. In the long term, I also think we should legalize marijuana so we can tax it.

For the current budget crises right now there would have to be both tax raises and program cuts. It would be hard, but it already hard now. I would also look at the dogma of California. One example is the prison population. I would try to commute all of the non-violent three strikes prisoners.

In general I am for the Legalization of Marijuana, the end of the drug war, gay marriage, tort reform. I think the state needs to be pro business, working for cheaper housing, and developing jobs. I would work to change the death penalty and reform the prison system. I am against more gambling, higher sales tax, and more gun laws.

My most important idea is to go to the people when I need to lead. Take my ideas to the public so I can convince them. I need to be open and communicating withthe people. When the state house is holding me up, I need to work to get the public on my side, not working backroom deals. I need to be a leader, not a politician.

If I did become Governor, Elkit would become the State Blog Commissioner


3. Three channels with endless supplies forevermore, and you can pick only one:
- all the music you could possibly want to hear
- all the movies you could possibly want to see
- all the books you could possibly want to read


I think I would have to take the music channel. The problem with music for me is not enough drama. I like movies that have a really hard edge to them. I would miss the level of engagement I get from Movies.

I have to pick music because I am almost always listening to music. It is portable and easy to enjoy no matter where. I can also write while I listen to it.

I would not pick books because I do not take the time to read enough now.


4. 24 ... naaah, make it 48 hours of blackout in all of California. What do you do? What do you miss terribly?

The best idea would be to find some friends, get some drinks, candles and a deck of playing cards. A game like pinochle is great to play when there is no power. I have experience with that. I think it would be best to pass the time along with a friend or two. That time would fly if I were with someone I can hold a conversation with.

I also think that I would try to sleep a lot also.


5. If you could commit a crime and get away with it, what illegal thing would you do?

I think it would be that crime from Superman 3 where Richard Pryor steals a penny from every bank account in the world. I think I could live with that.



Here are the rules to the Interview game

Official Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying, "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Comments

Popular Posts