Green Fields of the Mind

They have been giving tours of the new Eagles stadium, Lincoln Financial Field. I hear that people are already calling it The Link. That means that the days of Veterans Stadium are numbered. With the way the Phillies are playing, the ballpark will not see any extra days.

I know that every sports announcer in America likes to crack on the Vet. I know that the playing surface is hard and it is a nasty place to watch a football game. All of these things are true, but I still love it. It is the ballfield of my youth. It felt like the big leagues to me. Small things did not happen at the Vet. The rough feeling there fit Philadelphia. I will shed a tear for a place when it goes.

Favorite Fact: The parkÂ’s rounded rectangular shape is called an octorad by the architects

Comments

Popular Posts