Job v. Career

I am currently obsessed with my job. Everytime I sit at a computer I log in and do work. This is a bad thing because I am not getting anything else done. I am not working my my projects. I am not thinking about anything but work. There are only so many hours I can sit at the computer. If I spend all those hours working I am missing something in my life. I like working hard and being needed at work. It fills something good in me. There is a level of dignity you get when you do not hate your job.

This leads to the question of what am I doing with my life? What do I invest my energy in? What do I have left for myself at the end of the day? What do I want to be doing in one year? three years? five years? What do these things mean to my life and my sense of the world?

Comments

Popular Posts