Travel Notes 12/28/02

Back Home Again

I got a really good feeling when I got to Philadelphia. The Eagles game was on while I landed in the airport. Right near my gate there was an bar. It was packed with people watching the game. I asked a woman in a TSA uniform how the game was going. She just started going on about how the offense was not doing anything and the defense was carrying the whole game. She talked to me like we had been talking sports to each other for years.

All of the TVs in the airport, even the CNN sets, where set to the game. It was like everyone was living and dying by that game. The Eagles lost the game shortly after I left the airport. Maybe it is better that this is the only game I when I am in town.

Airplane Movies

For the first time in my life I actually watched the movie while I was on an airplane. The movie was Lilo and Stitch. It was much better then I expected. It is the best traditional animated movie to come out of Disney in years. It was very fun. The title character of Lilo had a huge Charles Schulz influence. She reminded me a lot of his female characters both graphically and emotionally. She had that classic big head and big mouth look Schulz was famous for. She was loud and harsh, but still loveable. Even if you don't think you would like this movie, you might.

General Notes


  • Woke up at 4:10 AM
  • Got the cab at 4:50
  • Got to the Airport 5:15
  • I had so many electronic gadgets, they had to hand search my carry on bags.
  • Flight took off 6:20
  • Connected at Denver.
  • Both flights were good.
  • My baggage took forever at PHL, like always.
  • Had dinner with Mom, Dad, Kathy. We had cheesesteaks.
  • I played pinochle with my Dot, Mom, and Dad.
  • I showed my sisters how my camera hooks up with my computer.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts