The Calm Bay



We were sailing on the San Francisco bay. He had taken a day trip out to Angel Island. There was almost no wind and it was very calm. The sailors in the crew where still trying to catch what little wind there was.



It was a good day. The kind of day where I have to slow myself down so I see the little things. I try to breath a little more and remember what was happening.



It had gotten late because we did not have the wind. All of the land around us was covered in grey fog and clouds. There were no boats around us. Everything seemed so far away. San Francisco seemed like a model of a city. It seemed like we were all alone in the world. That moment felt like something out of a movie, not something out of real life.



I looked at the sun just sitting on top of the Golden Gate. The sky was red, gold, and blue. I could not stop humming Lonesome Sundown to myself.



Song: Lonesome Sundown



Band: Halo Benders

Album: The Rebels Not In

Comments

Popular Posts