Living Alone

I have learned thing living alone and far from my family. Over the last four years I have had the chance to spend each of the majors by myself. I have had many times where everyone I know has plans or is out of town. I have been left all by my lonesome. I know how to get through things alone.

All the time I read how people have more emotional problems during the holidays. It is exactly my demographic that has a had time during the holidays. I am away from my family, unattached, into my life a decent distance. I do not see my world changing anytime soon.

I have learned that Christmas Eve is the hardest day to be alone for me. From the age of 13 on, Christmas Eve was always the best night sleep I would get the whole year. I would always be so tired by the time I went to bed. That is when I started to go to midnight mass. After mass I we would collect at a friend's house to have breakfast. It would be great day from beginning to end.

There is nothing like a good night's sleep when you are really tired. There would also be just enough chill in the air. I love the feeling of being under the covers when it is cold out.

I asked around to see if any of my friends where doing anything on Christmas Eve. Most of them are out of town or hanging with their family. Tonight I will not have that great night's sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts