Is this what the Carpenters meant?



I think I should follow the last song with something a little more upbeat.



Sometimes I hear a cover song and it just shocks me to no end. When a cover song is done just right, it was like there was always this other meaning the song was carrying. The other meaning was just hidden in the notes and cords. It was waiting for just the right person to find that meaning. When they find that meaning, it is like that song was written for them. This is one of those songs. If I did not know better, I would think Shonen Knife had this song written for them.



This song reminds me that someone can live there life in incredible happiness and incredible sadness at the same time



Song: Top Of The World



Band: Shonen Knife

Album: If I Were a Carpenter

Comments

Popular Posts