Feminist Thoughts



My Favorite Suzanne Vega album is 99.9 F°. I was talking to a friend about it. I told him that I was surprised that I have not heard that many more albums that tried to do what this album did. 99.9 F° takes a industrial sounds and feminist themes and combines them. She touches on subjects such as medicine, health, religion, law enforcement and relationships between women and men.



My friend said that he had always thought of 99.9 F° as one of her less feminist albums. He said the album misses the social justice and typical political themes that her other albums cover. This is a really interesting idea to me. I see feminism as those house to house battles that effect the way you live your everyday life. My friend see feminism as a political system that is used to change the way the world works. I think we both need to think like the other person without losing the way we already think.



Song: Blood Makes Noise



Artist: Suzanne Vega

Album: 99.9 F°



Quote:

I think that you might want to know

The details and the facts

But there's something in my blood

Denies the memory of the acts

Comments

Popular Posts