Power Pop Heaven



For a long time I wondered what ever happened to Power Pop. It is true that some might say that Green Day is really Power Pop, not Punk. I might agree with that, but they are not what I like about Power Pop. They do not drive the cords or the ideas home. I was wondering where all the new bands where that listened to too much Husker Du and Replacements growing up.



The Matthew Good Band is the best Power Pop I have heard in a long time. They are from Canada, so they get overlooked by American radio. They should get more airtime and more attention. I guess they are not pretty enough to be on American radio.



Song: The Future Is X-Rated



Band: Matthew Good Band

Album: Beautiful Midnight



Best Lyric:

cuz power is just another one of those things baby

it's pointless if you ain't gonna use it

Comments

Popular Posts