Perfect Pop



I should start with the song that inspired me to finally make this blog. There are some songs I hear and just marvel at their pop hooks. My breath is taken away by the perfect use of the normal tools of Rock N' Roll. These tools have been there since Chuck Berry. It is amazing how people can make them sound new all the time.



For many people Pop is a dirty word. It is a word that means that you like the drivel that is on Clear Channel radio stations that play the same songs over and over again. That is not what Pop music is really about. It is about musical hooks and clear ideas. I say that we should throw away negative title and revel in the idea of Pop music.



Song: Teenage FBI



Band: Guided By Voices

Album: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Soundtrack (1999)



Best lyric:

Someone one tell why

I do the things

that I don't want to do

when you're around me





Comments

Popular Posts