Never that good again



I first heard this song when I was 19 years olds. I knew there was something special about it. It was capturing an idea that I do not hear very often in music. I did not understand the idea, but I knew it was something special.



Now that I am 30, I know that special thing well. Listening to American Music, I get the feeling that the Violent Femmes know they will never be as popular as they once were. They will never have an album that is as loved as their self-titled debut. They still had to keep going on. This song holds the feeling of not being as successful as you once were. I understand this idea better then I would like.



Song: American Music



Band: Violent Femmes

Album: Why Do Birds Sing?



Best Quote:

you were born too soon

I was born too late

Comments

Popular Posts