Low-Fi Heaven



There is something I love about Low-Fi bands. I like the basic sound, the feeling that the recordings are not done in $2000/hour recording studios, and sense that these artists are on the edge. There is almost a democracy in the sound. It is not the musical skill, but the musical intent that is important. It brings me closer to the music. With all of that, I am impressed by the genius that goes into some of these songs.



The Halo Benders is one of those Low-Fi bands that seem to get stuck in my head. I hear their songs and I want to hear them over and over again. They seem to be just a little addictive. They seem to be so catchy and so well written.



I am surprised that Low-Fi bands are not bigger right now. They should be the answer to overproduced pop bands. This is a band that I would not tell all my friends they would like. My friends who will like them, will like them a lot. I know that.



Song: Canned Oxygen



Band: Halo Benders

Album God Don't Make No Junk



Best Lyric:

I'm sure I've had enough to know when I've had enough

Comments

Popular Posts