Dreaming about College (past tense)



The night before last I dreamt that I was back at my old college, Millersville Univ. In the dream I was taking care of unfinished business and hanging out with an unnamed woman from my college days. I just remembered the dream. It came flooding back to me. With that flood came the driftwood of my college days.



There was a woman Michele Fisher. I went to high school with her. She also went to college with me, at least for the first year. When I first meet her in high school, I thought she was one person. By the time we graduated, I thought she was a different person. By the time that first year of college was over, I thought she was a whole other person.



Michele lent me the Sunday's CD Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic. It was one of those CDs that everyone was listening to. There was a period of time when almost every woman I know was trying to look like Harriet Wheeler. This was before Nirvana hit and the world got changed again. Here's Where the Story Ends was one of the big songs of that first year of college. It was a good song for freshman depression.



I am not sure what ever happened to Michele. I used to run into her from time to time. By the time I realized that she was the same person all those years, I no longer knew her. I think I understand why she seemed to change in my eyes so often. She is one of those people from my past that I want to contact from time to time. I want to know what happened to her. I might never know what ever happened to her.



Song: Here's Where the Story Ends



Band: Sundays

Album: Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic



Best Lyric:

The only thing I ever wanted to say was wrong

Comments

Popular Posts