Travel Notes 10/28/02

Here are the movies I brought with me on vacation.

Watched
Hard Day's Night
God Of Gamblers

Did not watch
Heathers
Touch of Evil
Time Machine

God of Gamblers

The God of Gamblers is one of those legendary Hong Kong films. I have heard about it for years. People always say it is one of their favorite action movies. I bought it in August, but never got around to watching it. It is one of the long list of films that I own but have never watched.

I brought on the trip because I knew that Gerry would be up for seeing it. It was the perfect movie to watch on this trip. I was surprised how silly this movie is. It is an action-comedy. I know that Hong Kong comedies are usually over the top, but this movie was too much at time. I was surprised how much they ripped off Rain Man. I think there could be a good US remake of this movie, as long as it was still over the top.

Buzzing in my Head

I have been listening to the Halo Benders all week. I have a couple of their songs on my laptop. They are a band I have a hard time describing. They are not like other bands I listen to. They have that low-fi hum to the music. I respect the idea that these songs could have been recorded in someone's basement. They have the right combination of sad and funny. I wonder why they are not more popular. I want to find more music like this.

Movie/Airport Memes

I cannot sneeze in an airport without thinking of 12 Monkey

Back

I feel like I could sleep for three days, but I have to go back to work tomorrow. I guess it is back to the working life.

Comments

Popular Posts