Travel Notes 10/26/02

Weddings and Drinks

I have been drinking a lot over the last couple of days. That is what always happens when you go to weddings. I drank a lot last night at the rehearsal dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant where they leave the bottle of red wine on the table. The bottles kept coming and I kept emptying them.

Today at the wedding I was drinking Whiskey and coke all day. At one point the bartender started to pour doubles, even through I did not ask for them. I had a lot of them. People rarely so me without a drink in my had today. It worked well because everyone else was drinking also. I fit in nicely.

Gerry said that he did not notice my drinking. I did not appear drunk to him. I told him that is because I was BAL .10 drunk. This is legally drunk in most states. At that level I am in no condition to drive, I seem a little dumber then usual, but I do not embarrass myself. It is not that I have any greater tolerance for drinking, it is that I have been here before and I know how to handle myself. I know what those impulses lead to.

I have to be between BAL .15 to .20 before I really start to make an ass out of myself. It is somewhere above .20 that "Badload Rich" sticks his head out. He has not seen the light of day in a long time.

I have not drunk this much in a while. There is something about being on vacation that goes along with drinking. The two of them seem to be best friends.

Talking to Beth

I spent much of the rehearsal dinner and a good part of the wedding talking to Beth. I was trying to find some place where I could engage her. We talked a lot, but I only ever got so close. It was like she was trying to stay away from any real level of connection with me. I am not sure if this is true or not, but it felt that way.

I was matched up with Beth in the wedding party, but I did not get a chance to dance with her. She was dancing with Gerry. Beth is a hard person to figure out. There are parts of her personality that I think I can understand. I think I can see who she is, but I keep on missing things. She keeps on surprising me.

If I lived in San Diego, I would try to date Beth. I think I could strike something up there. I am not going to try since I live up here.

Wedding Highlights
The wedding started late
Loud planes flew over the wedding (it was outdoors)
It only rained a few drops.
The food was very good
There was a lot of dancing.
I dropped my paints once, but I think no one got a picture
Steve's Parents' friends were a bit rowdy.
For the most part everyone loved the wedding.
I missed one of the greatest comebacks in World Series history
Gerry, Beth, and I were the last people to leave.

Comments

Popular Posts