To quote Sonic Youth

"All The Money's Gone, All The Money's Gone"

Well, it is not really that bad. There is still some money left. I am not living out on the street. I am not crying on the phone to my father or moving out of San Jose. I still have a job and an honest way to get more money. There is still money to be had.

It is just that I have worked my way through my moving fund. The slush fund had turned back to ice. I have to now live by the plans I made so I could move into this apartment. That means not eating breakfast out every morning. It means fewer meals out. It means fewer DVDs and CDs. It means that I need to buy things for my apartment as part of my normal budget. It means fewer trips to the ATM and fewer reasons for trips to the ATM. I have to watch the way I spend my money.

To kick this off, Monday I took $150 worth of merchandise back to Fry's. I did not need the stuff and I knew I was not going to get good use out of it. I just need to be able to stick to my plan. It is the sticking to it that has always hurt me in the past. Have to work harder this time.

Comments

Popular Posts