Sunday Morning Decisions

It is Sunday morning and I have a choice to make. I could go to E's and watch football like most Sunday mornings or I could go to the open house at the local area Mosque. It is really a question of going to the Mosque or not. If I do not go, I will end up at E's house. I have been thinking about this for three days now and I still have not made up my mind.

For the past 20 months or I have had an interest in Islam. I have been reading websites about it. When every something comes on TV about Islam or Muslims I watch it. I have purchased a copy of the Qur'an, but I have not read it yet. I feel that I have a level of knowledge, but no experience. I know what much of the pat answers to questions are, but I am not sure how Muslims live their lives. I am not sure this will show me or not. I might just get more pat answers. I do know that I do not have a chance to just go to a mosque very often. This is the first open house that I have read about around here.

This choice leads me to a bigger question in my life, am I happy with my level of spirituality? Is it something I need more of in my life? My fear is that it is at the right level and other things are not but I do not realize it. I do not want to use spirituality to fill the other holes in my life. I have seen other people do this and it seems destructive. I am not sure they ever got what they were looking for. This is a problem since I am not sure what I am looking for.

The mosque and E's house are the same direction from my apartment. The decidion will not be final until I get to my destination. It is all up in the air until then. Who knows how it will turn out? I will let you know when I find out.

Comments

Popular Posts