I Got A Letter From The City...

San Jose is building a new Civic Center. It is happening right outside my window. In this picture you can even see my apartment building. It is at the bottom of the picture. I am not sure why they are not calling it the new city hall. I guess Civic Center has a better ring to it.

I just got a letter from the city saying, The construction of the New Civic Center includes an extensive pile driving process. Pile driving will last until Spring 2003.....Pile Driving Hours: 8:00 to 5:00 p.m.

This means I got to wake up to little earthquakes every morning for the next couple of month. The construction does not bother me that much, but I do not like the word extensive. I wonder if it is going to shake me out of bed at all. It will not be good if I am looking to take a sick day.

I hope the New Civic Center is worth living behind.

Comments

Popular Posts