Working toward a meaningful date

There is a woman at work who I have had a little bit of a crush on for months. I kept on telling myself that I should make some kind of move. After months of tripping over my tongue and not taking advantage of chances, I finally asked her to go out for drinks with me after work sometime. She said yes without any hesitation.

I pushed right then to set a date. In the past I had made the mistake of asking someone out and never following up on it. If I was going to make mistakes, I am going to make new ones. The mistake I made was agreeing to go out for drinks after work this Friday. I did not realize at the time that we have off this Friday. So today we reset the date to be the following Friday.

It is kind of odd, but I am get a little scared with things do not click like this. I am always worried it is a bad sign. In the past I thought I missed out on relationships because we just stumbled through the beginning.

I should not be so down. We have a date set and that is cool. Who knows what will happen. I am just happy that I worked up the courage to do something. I have wasted too much time trying not to fail already.

Comments

Popular Posts