Thinking about dating

I have only received one piece of advice about dating so far. At least one person has put in it in a comment box. Other people have offered me advice.

With this advice I have been thinking about my personal does and don't as I prepare to go out for drinks this Friday.

1. Keep a good level of eye contact.
I think this is a side-effect of my days as a phone monkey, but I have a hard time keeping eye contact with people as they talk. If I am really listening to someone, I will usually stare off into space. I try to visualize everything they are talking about. It helps me pay more attention. The problem is that people think I am not paying attention at all.

2. Try not to prove anything
Too often in conversations I get caught up trying to prove how funny, witty, or smart I am. I think it really hurts me on dates. The woman probably has a good idea of how smart I am. I do not have to prove it to her. When I try to prove anything I think I will lose my rapport with her. I end up talking my way out of things.

3. Try to keep my conversation focused on her
I do not know that much about this woman. I should learn things about her. It is also important for me to not just talk about what I think and feel. When I am nervous, I have a tendency to just talk. I think that I need to make an effort to do both of these things.

4. Relax and Don't Let It Bring You Down
I forget this simple rule when it comes to a lot of things. It is an important rule to remember when dealing with other people.

Tell me if you have any other advice.

Comments

Popular Posts